06 January 2013

Ribs in the Crock Pot? Oh my!

Ooo, what a treat! Ribs!

Last week I set out to make SURE I went to the grocery store with a list of only the food items I needed for about 5 dinners and lunches this week. I actually did pretty good sticking to my list and I had a coupon for some freebies, which was awesome! In total, I think I spent about $30 less than if I had wandered around aimlessly grabbing things off the shelves. I had seen this recipe for crock pot ribs on Pinterest and saved it, when I got to the store and saw how cheap they were I thought "Hey, im totally going to try this"; I think my husband is pretty glad I did!



1. You make the rub. Which consists of 1½ tablespoons of paprika, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.


2. And you rub that on about 2lbs of pork ribs, both sides.

3. Arrange the pork in the crock pot like so. Ok, actually I had NO idea so I just squished it there and had to re-rub it. But, hey, it worked!

4. Pour BBQ sauce over the pork. I think I used about half a bottle. I like it saucy! Cook it on low for 6-8hrs. I threw mine in before church and it was done right at dinner time!

5. Take it out of the crock pot and arrange on dripping tray (I took mine out of my toaster oven!). You know they are done when you try taking them out of the crock pot because they just fall apart! (Don't throw out the juice in the bottom of the pot.)

6. So take the juice from the bottom of the pot and strain it into another pot to boil on the stove. Then you want reduce it so it gets thick like BBQ sauce. Do that about 15mins, stirring so it doesn't burn. Meanwhile, turn the oven on to broil HIGH.

7. Pour the reduction over the ribs and pop in the oven for 8-10minutes. It originally says to flip them over and broil the other side, but they just fell apart even more! So before I annihilated these beauties, I just decided to serve as is.

8. I think Matty was a little shocked how good these turned out! I served them with some oven roasted asparagus and scalloped potatoes. (Thank goodness I had the excuse of blogging after eating these because I can hardly move, im so stuffed!!)


INGREDIENTS: paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, pork ribs, BBQ sauce, brown sugar.


♥ Fat & Happy♥




No comments:

Post a Comment