15 December 2011

Mexican Wedding Cakes

My mom always made these too. They look like snowballs! A super yummy and festive treat!
P.S. I had to change the name because my mom told me the real name for these cookies. Mexican wedding cakes, not pecan and powdered sugar cookies...I find it funny because I live in Mexico, but ive only heard of these in my FAR from Mexican, moms kitchen, hehe!


1. First you will need 1 cup of butter. (Start preheating oven to 350°F)


2. Next, you will need 1 cup chopped Pecans (walnuts will do the trick too, just what you have on hand!)


3. In a food processor, finely grind the pecans until almost like granuals.


4. Mix together the butter, pecans, and half a cup of powdered sugar. I used an electric hand mixer, it worked great!


5. Slowly add in 1 cup of  flour.


6. Next, add to the batter, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract and ¼ teaspoon of salt.


7. Add in another cup of flour and continue blending!


8. Roll into little 1in balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cook for about 12mins in oven.



*Ok. So im keeping this picture small because im SO embarrassed, :*(
Well, when I went to open my oven, I found these. Flat. Melted. Flat. Cookies. I ran to the computer to check my recipe and there I saw it. I wrote it down wrong. So this is my example that it doesnt always come out perfect the first time and I shall have to try again.
They SHOULD look like previous picture but just cooked instead of gooey looking.

9. Roll the cooked balls in a bowl with powdered sugar until full covered. Powder again before serving!

*Enjoy! :) Sorry for the confusion! The recipe card and all the pics are set to correct recipe*


4 comments:

  1. beck!! you are the best!!! l will make it next weekend for christmas!!! it looks sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also now I know what l´m gonna give you for christmas!!! it will be so usefull to prapare all your meals!! LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some of my favorite cookies. Grandma Mardell always made these at Christmastime. You are awesome! Wish I was there to eat a few...btw, I LOVE the recipe cards, they look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky l dont have stove yet to prepare those delicious things! miss you!

    ReplyDelete