12 December 2011

Christmas Spritz Cookies

These cookies are an automatic reminder of Christmas during my childhood! My mom made these every year without fail. If I was lucky I could find some broken ones on the cooling rack and convince her I needed to eat them, if not, there was always a batch in the freezer I could sneak a couple out of! After a few years of living away from home I am finally continuing the tradition myself and making these wonderful little cookies!


1. In a large bowl add in 1 cup of softened sugar. (Preheat oven to 350°F)


2. Add to the butter, ½ a cup of sugar.


3. Mix sugar and butter with a mix until fluffy.


4. Add in one large egg.


5. 1½ teaspoons of vanilla, add and mix. (my poor measuring spoons under went a tragic accident when my daughter threw them off the counter onto the tile floor, luckily, with the help of some crazy glue, most peices were brought back together :)


6. 2 ¼ cups flour (add flour with ingredient in next step)


7. ¼  teaspoon of salt which you can add at the same time as the flour. Add it in little by little to mix the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly.


8. I added in the flour a little less than a half cup at a time and eventually had to use a spoon to scrape the sides to make sure everything is incorporated.


9. On an ungreased cookie sheet make flower or star type shapes 1in apart


10. Bake in oven 5-9mins until the edges turn a little brown.


11. Mean while you can start halving some maraschino cherries!


12. As soon as they come out of the oven top with half a cherry. Dont they Christmas-y now?


13. And serve. These make wonderful Christmas gifts as well because they can last in room temp. for a week and freeze easily!



♥ Merry Christmas ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment