02 October 2012

Cumin-Crusted Salmon

Coming back to the states has particularly tough just trying to find time for EVERYTHING. Even blogging has been on the back burner lately. There was a time when I was so excited to cook anything that was new and blog-able.So this recipe was requested from my husband, a recipe I made quite a long time ago when I was just starting experiment with flavors and recipes. He really liked it and while it seems kinda fancy, its pretty easy (only because its entirely fool-proof Ive found out!).

1. Mix in a small bowl the spices to rub on the salmon. You will need 1 ½ tablespoons of cumin, 2 teaspoons paprika, S & P, if you want it spicy add in some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper!


 
2. Pat the spices onto salmon fillets. Place in a pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and cook for 5-6 mins then flip and cook other side. While that's cooking continue to step 3...


3. For the salad dressing mix in a small bowl 3-4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons of reserved mandarin orange juice (I didn't know what reserved meant so I just juiced the kind of orange I had on hand), 1 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, then a dash of S&P, cumin, and paprika.

4. For the salad I used spinach lettuce, kidney beans (the recipe calls for black, but I love kidney beans on salads!), orange slices, and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds. You can really creative here or just add in regular salad faves like carrots, cucumber, blue cheese, etc! Then place your salmon on top and devour this delicious hearty salad!

♥ This salad took me forever to find the original recipe because I just printed a bunch online and of course having a little one it got spilled on, drooled on, lost, or thrown out in the chaos! But now I have it here to remember! Check out the actual recipe here for ingredient list! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment