28 November 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

This recipe is pretty much a mix of some of the worlds most wonderful things. Note: I have this problem where I think I can whip, stir, mix, beat any ingredients on my own, with no electronics. Well that's not the case with cream cheese (and I'm sure I will learn of other things), it *needs* to be mixed with a mixer. All my recipes have turned out really tasty when I try to mix on my own, but you can see cream cheese chunks. So next time I'm throwing my hands in the air, grabbing my (pink!) hand mixer and doing it right.

First things first, preheat oven to 350ºf.  Line a baking dish with aluminum foil so that all the sides, plus 1 inch above the inside of the dish are covered. In a bowl break up chocolate graham crackers, add 2 tablespoons of sugar and a stick of butter. Spread into the bottom of the dish and pack down. Bake these for about 12-15 minutes until you smell the chocolaty goodness!

2. Next is the filling. Put 2 packages of cream cheese into a food processor,blend until its smooth then add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 3 eggs, 3 T flour, 1 t pumpkin pie spice, ½ t salt. Mix well! Set 1 cup aside.

3. Pour the filling (except that one cup) onto the cooled crumb-crust.

4. Microwave 4oz semisweet chocolate until melted, stirring it occasionally. Add the cup of filling and stir until mixed. Drop spoonfuls into the filling and swirl them around with the tip of a knife for a marbled look.
5. Put in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until its set but wiggles a bit in the center. Cool in pan.

6. Use the aluminum foil to transfer to hard surface and cut into squares.

♥Recipe is from Martha Stewart, a hero of mine growing up ♥


Ingredients: Crust: chocolate graham crackers or 20 chocolate wafer cookies, 2 T sugar, 4 T unsalted butter. Filling: 2, 8oz packages cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 3 eggs, 3 T flour, 1 t pumpkin pie spice, ½ t salt, 4 oz semi sweet chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment