16 September 2013

Cheeseburger Rice

Being a good wife/mom, I'm always trying to find great, cheap yet yummy, dinners. With little searching, I found all these $10 dinners and even $5 dinners recipes! What...?! What am I spending $150 at the store each week on? So, I decided to try this one out and it was for sure under $10 and fed 4, but oh god I'm almost embarrassed to post it. I'm 25 and in the prime of "oh my god I'm getting old, I'm doing everything in my power to stop this! Right. Now." so this dinner kinda fell through the cracks of "taking better care of myself". But....The kids LOVED it! Its exactly what kids dream dinners should be. So I'm happy for that!



1. Step one: lets just confirm this is like a skillet dinner! Its amazing that the entire dinner cooks just in one pot. So first brown 1lb of ground beef. Once that is done, add 2/3 cup...or more like 1 cup of BBQ sauce and a tablespoon of mustard. Mix it in and then add in 1 cup of water and 2 cups of instant rice. Close the lid and let it simmer until the rice is done. 5-10 minutes just depending on how "instant" your rice is...maybe its new rice that actually cooks the SECOND it hits the hot water making it actually instant, you just gotta see! While that is simmering I cooked up 5 strips of bacon (turkey bacon, because its all I have, although the husband commented "Can you imagine how good this would be if you used real bacon" I guess we have a third picky eater now!).



2. Step 2 is eat it, because it is done! Top with handfuls of shredded cheese and crumbled bacon! What is there not to like? No,seriously, we asked the kids, they had no response. 


Ingredients: 1 lb ground beef, 1 cup BBQ sauce, 1 tablespoon mustard, 1 cup water, 2 cups rice, 5 strips of bacon, 1-2 cups shredded cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment