19 September 2013

Mini Meatloaf

I have a loaf pan SOMEWHERE, but where is it?!? To solve this dilemma and save dinner from almost not happening last night, I decided I would try making them into mini-loafs. With a cupcake pan!


Meatloaf isn't really a glamorous recipe especially this super duper easy one. Preheat oven to 375°f.  In a large bowl mix 2 lbs of ground beef with 2 eggs, 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs, 1 package of Onion Soup Mix and ½ cup of ketchup.  Mix well. Scoop into a greased cupcake tin. And bake. I actually was able to prepare these faster than the oven could heat up, 10 points for me!

Bake for about 25-30 mins. They should be 160°f inside. 

Mix in a small bowl, ¼ cup of ketchup with ¼ cup of brown sugar and add in 1 tablespoon of mustard and stir well. Scoop a spoonful on top of each loaf and continue baking for 10 minutes. 


Funny story: I took these out of the oven and outside to photograph right as the sun was setting and Matt, ears perking up as the oven door open, gets up to see what I'm doing with his dinner. I bring the food inside and set it on the table and he takes the one off the plate and starts eating it! This is an inherited trait from his father so there is no point in trying to break him of this bad habit. But it was SOOO hot he gasps, and starts choking on it! I, FALL to the floor laughing at him as he turns bright red (I'm sure partially from embarrassment). He finally coughs it up and, hopefully, has learned his lesson. Afterwards he comments, "Wow, these are amazing, I don't even like meatloaf, but these are so good!" and scarfs down 2 more, luckily, without another scene. Hahaha!


Ingredients: 2 lbs ground beef, 2 eggs, 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1 package of Onion Soup Mix, ½ cup of ketchup - Topping:  ¼ cup ketchup, ¼ cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of mustard 



No comments:

Post a Comment