13 January 2012

Mushroom-less Beef Stroganoff

Beef Stroganoff has always sounded good to me, except one thing : mushrooms! I can't stand them! The smell, texture, looks...They are just not for me. So even though this recipe calls for mushrooms, I made a way to make it to suit what my family likes.

1. Cut 1lb of round steak into small bite size pieces. Fry in a pan just to cook it a little. Then remove from heat, but you'll want to keep the juices and use the same pan for the next part. This is great served over pasta, so in a seperate pot you can start boiling water and cook some pasta, I used spaghetti noodles.

2. Over medium heat sautee 1 small chopped onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until cooked thuroughly. (Once onions are cooked you can add mushrooms and follow the real recipe here.)


3. Once the onions are cooked, (this is where I strayed from the actual recipe) add 1 can cream of mushroom soup to the pan, and only half a small container of sour cream.


4. Add in the meat that you just fried, a little bit of salt and pepper, a dash of nutmeg, and ¼ cup of white wine (I only had red wine so I added about 2 tablespoons.)


5. Lay the cooked pasta on a plate and top it off with the beef and sauce! Enjoy!

Becky's Version of Beef Stroganoff Ingredient List:
1lb round steak
small package spaghetti noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
 ½ a small container of sour cream
S&P
dash of Nutmeg
1 small onion
2 T red wine
2 T butter


♥ I dont have a recipe card for this, well I do, but not for the recipe I made in the pictures. Since I made so many changes you will have to just follow the picture comments/ingredient list. For the original recipe click here. ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment