31 January 2013

Lobster, Lobster!

So, way longer then I'd like to admit, we bought these frozen lobsters at the store. They were surprisingly not expensive and we agreed we would try to make lobster at home. Maybe because lobster is usually really pricey in restaurants you think of it as a "specialty item" and so, of course, that would mean its really hard to make. Wrong. It was so EASY! Like, way easy. And super good. This is what we did...


1. First you have cut the lobster shell all the way down toward the tail. Then separate the shell from the meat. Turn the oven on to broil HIGH. (Before I go any longer into this blog, this was my husbands treat to me, I didn't make any of it, I just took pictures of his hard work :P )

2. Melt in a stick of butter and pour about half over and into the lobsters. The more the "butter"! (like my pun?)

3. So, step 3, oh no. Well it seems when we were making this it ended up as one "a dash of everything in the spice drawer" mix. Oops! We used (approx.) ¼ teaspoon garlic salt, parsley, basil, pepper, Montreal Steak Seasoning, Montreal Chicken Seasoning (remember this is a MANS recipe!), ½ teaspoon of paprika! Ta-da, I think I remembered it all!

4. Sprinkle the mix over, rub it in under the shell. Just try to get all the meat coated!

5. Broil in the oven on HIGH for 5-10 minutes until they are opaque. Ours took right around 10 minutes. Use the leftover butter for dipping and enjoy! P.S. How cute is my husband for plating these on a pretty plate for the picture? He served this with cheesy mashed potatoes and recommends asparagus or a nice veggie but they cooked so fast we never got a chance to get them out of the fridge to cook!


Ingredients: lobster tails, garlic salt, pepper, paprika, parsley, basil, steak and/or chicken seasoning.


♥ Thanks again baby ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment