01 June 2013

Guac

One of the BEST benefits of working in a hotel was EATING at the hotel! Some of the food we got to eat was cooked right in front of us. Other times they would special make things just for our liking, for example, guacamole! When I think of this recipe it makes me smile. I think how far I've come as a wife and mom and cook! From having nachos or rice bowls or guacamole for dinner to hosting Christmas' and Thanksgiving. Its fun looking back on the past and seeing how you have improved! This recipe is actually my husbands recipe that the guys taught him back at the hotel.


1. This kind of recipe you really have to use your best judgment because it all depends on how many avocados you have. I used 3. The squishier, the better!! Cut in half from top to bottom around the pit, then hit the pit with the blade of a knife and turn the knife like a clock hand, the pit should fall out. Then use a spoon to scoop out the fruit. Easy, peasy.

2. Mash up the avocados with a fork till you have the desired creaminess/chunkiness. Add in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mix. (Tip: test the guac with a chip if you are serving for chips and guac because most chips have a lot of salt on them already!).

3. OK, I really like garlic so I think I threw in about 4 cloves, but its really good like this so I recommend 4 chopped cloves of garlic.

4. Mix it all together and serve cold! If you cant resist and eat it for lunch, don't worry, I wont judge :P

No comments:

Post a Comment