06 July 2013

Blackened Salmon over Rice

After a 2 minute nap the kids kindly gave me I realize I better just get started on dinner rather than struggle with the 1:58 minutes I was still missing from my nap. I pulled out the salmon out of the freezer earlier so I already has the main ingredient, but then we have the huge question of "what kind of salmon". After a little searching I found this recipe which I fortunately had all the ingredients for (including a lemon from my tree! Yay!).



1. (Can you see how tired I am? This more mom needs a break! But nothing cheers me up like having a delicious new recipe turn out great!) In a small bowl blurrily mix together 2½ tablespoons of paprika, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and a ½ teaspoon of salt. (I used a ½ teaspoon of garlic salt instead).



2. In a pan melt 2½ tablespoons of butter and then add in the juice from a lemon! Preheat oven to 400°f. In another pan start making instant rice. 



3. Take a salmon fillet and dip it in the butter and then dip in the spice mixture. Both sides. From here fry in an oven-proof skillet 2 minutes on both sides then stick in the oven for 8 minutes.



4. For the rice: once the instant rice is done, add in 1 can of whole kernel corn (I didn't use the entire can, so just add as much as you would like), sprinkle in some parsley and a dash of salt, and mix together with a tablespoon of butter. And done! 



5. Serve the salmon over the rice and enjoy! 


♥ Your family will be super impressed seeing you reach for tons of seasonings, using extra bowl for dipping and searing, but in the end this is a really easy and fairly quick recipe! Also, this entire dinner cost me about $8.00 the salmon was on sale during the 5 for $25 at Lucky, can of corn .89, rice comes out to .50 per bag, I had the lemon on the tree and spices in the drawer, with just a couple tablespoons of butter. Nice! ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment