11 July 2013

Quince & Apple Crisp

Just recently my mother in law bought me another piece of Le Creuset to add to my growing collection! We switched things up a bit by getting this Quince dish instead of the Caribbean color. I love how great they look together. I, of course, couldn't put it away without trying it out first, so for its first run I made my mother in laws Apple Crisp! -Which I can't believe isn't on my blog, I could have sworn it was!! I will throw in the recipe at the bottom just in case.



I might have been a little hungry for this piping hot crisp when I was snapping the shots but you kinda see the gorgeous quince yellow on the outside! 

My husband raved this was the best crisp I've made yet! Was it the new dish? Extra love? Hunger? I guess we will never know...

Recipe:
Apple, Pear or Peach Crisp

Place fruit, cut up into 8x8 pan ( I normally use about 4-5 apples for the 4 of us with no leftovers)
I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon and brown sugar onto the apples as well!

Mix together:

¾ c brown sugar
½ c flour
½ c Oats
¾ tsp cinnamon
½ c butter or margarine, melted

Bake at 375°f for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment