23 July 2013

Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Mash

I'm trying to be really thrifty and so this week when we went grocery shopping I pulled out all my Food Network Magazine recipe tear-outs and picked 5 recipes for dinners this week. I thought that would really eliminate a lot of unnecessary items going into the cart. It ended up being the same price but so far I've made some really amazing meals (for the same price of frozen pizzas and lasagnas). For Monday's dinner I made Honey-Glaze Pork Chops with Mashed Sweet Potatoes.

1. For the marinade you will need the juice of 1 orange, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning, 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme (I only had dried, darn!), 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and 3/4 teaspoon of salt.

2. Mix it up! Preheat oven to 375°f

3. Poke pork with a fork all over, then plop in the marinade and let me soak it up (just turn them over in the marinade so they are coated). Set aside extra marinade. Take two big sweet potatoes and cook until soft in the microwave.

4. I didn't understand this step in the recipe so here is my interpretation of how you're supposed to "Transfer the pork chops to a rack set on a rimmed baking sheet"
I lined a cookie sheet with foil, and use my microwave rack to place the chops on so the juices fall underneath! You'll want to add 2 tablespoons to the leftover marinade and pour over the top then place in the oven for 15 mins then flip and cook another 10 mins.
  
5. Slice the potatoes down the center to cool a bit. Then take a large spoon and scoop out the center into a medium bowl.

6. Add to the scooped out potatoes, 2 tablespoons of butter and ½ teaspoons of Cajun seasoning. Stir together and serve!

♥ All done! Now eat, because its freaking delicious! ♥















No comments:

Post a Comment