30 September 2013

Cupcake Carrot Cake

YES! Cupcake Carrot Cake! Its cold over here, I want it to smell like cold weather...nutmeg, cinnamon, apples cooking, fresh breads, brown sugar! So I whip out my old recipe Carrot Cake, and I say "old" as in I made this 2 years ago...once. ENJOY the "vintage"! But it turned out really good a second time. And I had some left over brown sugar frosting that is like heaven, oh my god I cannot emphasize how good it is. I must throw it back in the freezer before I start eating it by itself! 


The recipe for these are actually very simple. And I only used a cupcake tin because I'm planning on saving them for breakfasts to have with my coffee.

The recipe goes:

1. In a BIG bowl, whisk up the 4 eggs and then add in the wet ingredients (eggs, 1 ¼ cup oil, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and 2 cups sugar (I use a cup of light and a cup of brown). In a different bowl mix together the dry ingredients: 3 cups flour, 2 teaspoons each baking soda/powder, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg) *Start preheating oven at 375°F, it'll need at least 30mins on preheat.

2. Once you have your ingredients, pour them into the big bowl and mix them together.

3. Add into the big bowl, 3 cups of grated carrots (I cheated and just put them through the food processor)

4. Once everything has had a good mixy-mixy put into cupcake wrapper lined cupcake tins.

5. Bake for about 20 mins. Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle of one and seeing if it comes clean. If you use this recipe for a cake you need to pour batter into a greased baking pan and bake 40-50 mins.



For the Brown Sugar Frosting:

(I actually had some of this hiding away in the freezer, so I didn't have to make it right away, I just let it defrost about 20 mins. It probably would have thawed quicker had I thought to put it on top of the warm oven before instead of now!)

1. Melt in a pot ½ cup packed brown sugar (light) with 3 tablespoons butter. Let it come to a boil for 1 minute then remove from heat and allow to cool.

2. Once cool, add in ¼ cup of milk with a mixer. Then slowly start mixing in 2 cups of powdered sugar. Mix it until its a frosting-ey consistency. 


Ingredients Cake: 4 eggs, 1 1/4 cup of veg. oil, 2 cups sugar (I used half brown sug, half reg. sugar), 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg  Frosting: ½ cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, ¼ cup milk, and 2 cups powdered sugar



Want more cupcake recipes & ideas, look no further:
Rainbow Cupcakes
Halloween Cupcakes
Hello Kitty Cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment