31 May 2012

Onion Soup Mix Chicken

In case you couldn't tell by the title, I was getting a little desperate with ingredients last night for dinner. After 15 minutes blankly staring at my bare cupboards, I pulled the only thing I could imagine working with: Onion Soup Mix...left over from the cabbage soup diet I didnt even follow for a full day. The results may vary because I was literally just tossing in anything I could think of. It was tasty though!



1. First I went out to my patio herb garden and plucked some thyme and basil. To determine what herbs to use I smelled them, thought of chicken and decided if that would taste good or not. Its very scientific ;) Preheat oven to 375°.



2. I used to chicken breast and put them in a baking dish ¼ cup of melted butter, then added about ¾
 cup of water mixed with a packet of onion soup mix.



3. Then I added in my herbs and garlic about 2 cloves. Since the onion soup mixes are usually really salty I just added in pepper and omitted the salt.



4. Cook in the oven for 35-45 mins. I cooked it on a high temperature because it seemed there was so much liquid and it eventually boiled and cooked the chicken that way. It really tenderized the chicken, I only used a fork to cut it!


♥ Just another night getting dinner on the table ♥


More chicken dinner recipes found right here:


No comments:

Post a Comment